An Experienced Attorney Can Make Estate Planning Easy
Many people fear planning their estate, which causes them to delay the process. While this fear of the future is understandable, planning your estate does not have to be challenging. With the help of a knowledgeable lawyer, you can easily create or update your estate plan.
Pelton Law Offices helps people in the greater Houston area plan their estates and navigate probate. The firm’s attorneys have over 60 years of combined legal experience and a long history of estate planning success for Texas clients. You can talk to one of these knowledgeable attorneys in a free consultation at their Houston office by calling 713-524-8471.
Help With The “Big Five” Estate Planning Documents
Every person can benefit from a well-planned estate that protects their property and conveys their future wishes. A person should at least create the “big five” documents, which allow you to make decisions about your health care and finances.
These five essential estate planning documents include:
- Will: A will is an essential legal document that allows you to choose a person who will receive your property and who should take care of children after you pass away. A will is just one piece of an estate plan, and you may need other legal documents for your estate.
- Durable power of attorney for health care: A durable power of attorney for health care allows a person make decisions about the types of health care and end-of-life care they will receive should they lose the capacity to make those decisions.
- Durable financial power of attorney: With a durable financial power of attorney your chosen party can get access to your financial accounts and make decisions about your finances if you are unable to do so.
- Living will: A living will allows you to lay out your health care wishes if you become unresponsive. This document lets you make the difficult choices about when to stop receiving life-saving care so that you can spare your loved ones the anguish of making those challenging decisions.
- Revocable living trust: This legal tool allows you to designate a trustee who will take control of the trust’s assets and finances if you become incapacitated. If you pass away, this revocable living trust will allow for the smooth transfer of your assets to your loved ones without going through probate.
Professional Guidance For Estate Plans Of All Sizes
Attorney Robyn Harlin will work closely with you and your family to create a personalized estate plan that will let you give a gift to your loved ones. Ms. Harlin will help you create all the documents that you need to protect your family, including a guardianship, will and any other estate-related documents. She has over two decades of experience in resolving family disputes and can help everyone come to an agreement.
In addition to simple estate plans, Ms. Harlin also helps clients plan more complex estates involving multiple pieces of real estate and trusts. She will assist you in creating an individualized estate plan that minimizes tax obligations and allows your loved ones to avoid waiting to receive your gift.
Trusted Probate Representation
The firm’s lawyers also guide clients through the probate process. As your probate attorney, Ms. Harlin will help you efficiently navigate the legal process and work to get your deserved assets.
Ms. Harlin will also fight for your interests if there is a dispute over the estate during probate. She is an experienced probate litigator who can represent your best interests.
Learn How The Firm Can Help You In A Free First Meeting
Waiting will not help you plan your estate or allow your loved ones to avoid probate. You can schedule your free consultation at the firm’s Houston office by calling 713-524-8471. You can also use the contact form to send an email.